Categories

{ Real Weddings } - Gisa & Peter's Rehearsal Dinner

{ Real Weddings } - Gisa & Peter's Rehearsal Dinner

{Events}
thww

I have the most wonderful news (one I KNOW you have all been waiting for!), Gisa's photographer - Altare - sent me Gisa's wedding pictures to share with you all! Now, there were SO MANY beautiful pictures it was really hard to choose which ones to post here. No matter how hard I tried to keep the number of pictures chosen to a minimal amount, I still ended up choosing way too many. So to make things easier, I have decided to divide the pictures into 3 posts: the rehearsal dinner, the wedding part 1 & the wedding part 2.

So let's stay in order and begin with the Rehearsal. The rehearsal dinner was hosted by Peter's parents, and it took place in Finca Filadelfia, Antigua. The concept was to introduce the HUGE number of international guests to the Guatemalan culture. So the menu consisted of traditional Guatemalan dishes, and the decor, beautifully done by Escenica, was colorful and filled with Guatemalan touches.

Take a look:

First the bridal party went to the church rehearsal - Later you'll see the transformation of this old church

Even the rehearsal was emotional...
The rehearsal dinner

Gorgeous Gis!

My mother in law, who looked STUNNING!
Some of the centerpieces

Peter's parents, giving their welcoming speech
Me, giving my maid-of-honor speech

Gian & Father Mike, listening proudly. The two men who were my inspiration for the speech
The happy & anxious couple!
More touching speeches given by the best-man & bridesmaid
LOVE YOU!
Gis & my in laws

I hope you have enjoyed them.
 Stay tuned for the wedding pictures!

Comments

Submitted by Anonymous on

divine! when are u posting the wedding photos?TODAY PLEASE!

Submitted by Barbara on

Hahaha...no, not today! Sorry, sorry! =(
There's an interview that is going with the wedding photos, so I'm waiting until that's ready...

Love,
B

Submitted by Anonymous on

I heard your priest is from Boston, did you guys bring him?

M.

Submitted by Barbara on

Hi M,

No, we found him by pure coincidence! He is here in Guatemala working at a beautiful orphanage called Valley of The Angels. Here's their website:

He's truly the coolest priest I (and my entire family) have ever met. I'm very glad I found him...

Love,
B

Submitted by Anonymous on

beautiful couple..they look so in love:)How did Gisa meet her hubby?

Marcela

Submitted by Barbara on

Hi Marcela,

They met while getting their MBA at SMU.

Wait until you see the wedding pics! The look on their eyes is priceless!

Love,
B

Submitted by Anonymous on

How awesome. I can't wait! Where did Gisa do her undergrad? I can't tell if she's younger or older than you. You both are beautiful girls :)

Marcela

Submitted by Barbara on

She did her undergrad here in Guatemala...I'm not sure of the school though. Sorry! =(

And Gis is 3 years older than me...doesn't look it though!!! Both her and Gian look VERY young for their age. =)

Love,
B

Submitted by Anonymous on

Altare really does a beautiful beautiful job with pictures... of course the fact that they are both Gisa and her husband are good looking and in love helps too!
Thanks for sharing!
Mar

Submitted by Anonymous on

Beautiful pictures, they look so much in love! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Your mother in law is soooo pretty!! is she from Guatemala?

And of course, you look stunning too, who did your hair? it looked perfect!

J

Submitted by Barbara on

Hi J,

My mother in law is from El Salvador, but she's lived here most of her life. She is beautiful, isn't she?

My hair, Gisa's, and my mother in law's were all done by Evelyn from Salon Estilos. We took her to La Reunion so we could get ready there. She did my hair for my wedding and is really, really good.

Love,
B

Submitted by Ira on

Babi,

You just made my day with this post!I absolutely love the picture of Gisa and Peter holding hands, so beautiful and you can feel the love!!!

All three of you looked super gorgeous! :)Also, another incredible picture is of Father Mike and your husband looking at you while you are giving your speech!!!You can tell how emotional they are themselves, it is no small thing giving a speech in front of a crowd!

Congratulations to Gisa and Peter again! :)

Love,

Ira

Submitted by Anonymous on

Girls! Thank you so much for all the beautiful comments about me and Peter!
I am givin Babi my interview today so you all can see the wedding pics next week.

Gisa